If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This dish is my once a year holiday treat, and best enjoyed with a group and a little cider or white wine. - eatboutique
Serves 2 to 3 people
- 1 Camembert cheese in a round wood box
- 2 tablespoons Calvados (apple brandy)
- 1 baguette (or any bread you like dipped in cheese)
- 2 endive (or any vegetable you like dipped in cheese)
- 1 piece parchment paper
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove the Camembert from the little wood round it comes packaged in. Slip in a round of parchment paper (not wax paper) cut in a circle about twice the size of the wood round container. Place the Camembert back into the wood round.
- Place the round wood container on a cookie sheet and then in the oven. Cook until soft and gooey, about 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice the baguette and prepare the endive by cleaning, trimming and separating the leaves. Place all on a serving platter.
- Once cooked, remove the cheese from the oven and place it on your serving platter.
- Just before serving, pour Calvados onto the hot cheese. Enjoy by dipping bread slices and endive leads into the cheese.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
What's sweet and sour and your new favorite ingredient?
The answer is tamarind.
Ottolenghi's secret ingredient.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Live la vie en rose.
Take these foods to go.