If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 poblano, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin, divided
- 3 (15-ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups cilantro stems and leaves
- 1 jalapeno, optional
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- Cooked rice, for serving, optional
- In a medium saucepan, combine oil, onion, poblano, 1 teaspoon cumin, black beans and 2 cups water. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook soup 15 minutes or until flavors have blended.
- While soup simmers, combine cilantro, jalapeno, sherry vinegar and remaining 1/2 teaspoon cumin in a blender with 3 tablespoons water. Season with salt and pepper. Blend until smooth; transfer to a bowl. Add ½ of soup to blender and blend until smooth; stir into remaining soup. Serve soup over rice, if desired, topped with cilantro sauce.