If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a great refreshing raw salad option that's easy to throw together…..I created this one warm summer day, but it's equally good in winter. You can substitute the dried cranberries for dried cherries, or any dried fruit really. This is great when used with a fruity olive oil. Sliced oranges or tangerines would be a great addition as well! —coffeefoodwritergirl
- 1 bunch organic red (or green) kale
- 1/8 cup dried cranberries (I like Paul Newman’s Organic Cranberries – available @ Whole Foods and stores like it)
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- a few turns fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon agave or honey (adjust to personal sweetness taste)
- Place pine nuts in small sauté pan and sauté first over medium heat, and then when just beginning to turn golden, turn heat down to low, and continue browning, stirring constantly until pine nuts are golden, not brown. Remove from pan and let cool.
- Clean Kale and remove thick stems from the middles by cutting out with a sharp knife. Roll up like a cigar and slice in thin ribbons. Place in bowl with dried cranberries, pine nuts, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Let sit for 5-10 minutes and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad
Toppings That Are out of the Park
How to make one haute dog
Out of the park toppings.
Life's a beach.
It's time to travel.
Food blog links we love.
Put cake on a pedestal.