If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I threw together this salad to sate a craving for watermelon and because I was looking for something that was both sweet and savory to serve alongside some summer lobsters. I love the sweet mixture of sweet watermelon, peppery arugula, clean-tasting parsley, salty olives, sharp onion (soak slices in cold water for a few minutes to lessen the impact), creamy cheese, tart lime, and unctuous olive oil. All the measurements below are rough; proportion the ingredients as you see fit. —Cave Cibum
- 3 cups arugula
- 1 cup parsley leaves
- 2 cups watermelon, cut into bite-size pieces
- 6 kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/6 red onion, sliced as thinly as possible
- 3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 lime, juiced
- olive oil
- In a wide, shallow bowl, toss together the arugula and parsley.
- Top with watermelon, olives, onion, and feta.
- Squeeze lime juice over the salad, and drizzle with olive oil. Toss lightly before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Watermelon Recipe
Tennessee Whiskey Is the Tops
Plus, a blackberry cocktail to drink all season long
Tennessee whiskey is the tops.
Just for the halibut.
The zucchini spaghetti of Italy.
Savor the season.
This pasta's mint to be.