If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Makes 6 tacos
For the filling:
- 1 cup cooked lentils
- 2 1/2 cups chopped mushrooms (about 2 packages; I used a mix of farmers market shiitake and button 'shrooms)
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- Olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- Salt and pepper
- Pinch paprika
For the sauce and assembly:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 individual container Greek yogurt (6 ounces)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 big handfuls of arugula
- 6 vessels (I had tortillas, so these are “tacos.” Were you to use pita, maybe these would be mushroom lentil pita sandwiches. All good. You just need something structurally sound and portable. Stuffable, foldable, bite-able, on sale at Trader Joe’s, whateve
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add mushrooms, season with salt and pepper, and cook down until brown and fragrant, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes.
- While the mushrooms are cooking, mix the yogurt sauce. Add the lemon juice, tahini, yogurt, and olive oil to a bowl and stir to combine. For a thinner sauce, add more olive oil or water or a mixture of the two until you have reached your desired consistency. I liked it a little thicker. This will make more than enough for your tacos, but it’s the easiest to assemble with one personal cup of yogurt as the base; put the leftovers in a small container and bring it to work tomorrow with carrots and sliced bell peppers. BAM, snacks.
- Remove 'shrooms from pan and set aside. Pour 2 more tablespoons olive oil into the same large pan and reduce heat to very low. Add cooked lentils, garlic, cumin, and a sprinkle each of salt, pepper, and paprika and stir, heating the grains through. Add the mushrooms back to the pan and mix to combine.
- TACOS, ASSEMBLE! For each one, you need: a warmed tortilla (or convenient other vessel), a small spread of yogurt sauce, a few spoonfuls of the mushroom and lentil mixture, a pile of arugula, and then a real dollop of sauce. Fin.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
Toppings That Are out of the Park
How to make one haute dog
Out of the park toppings.
Life's a beach.
It's time to travel.
Food blog links we love.
Put cake on a pedestal.