If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: White asparagus has a nice mild sweetness that is enhanced by the black garlic. Black garlic is garlic that has been aged and fermented. It is soft and sweet but still has a garlicky flavor. —Caron Golden
For the vinaigrette
- 5 cloves black garlic
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
For the rest of the dish
- 1 pound white asparagus, washed and trimmed
- 1/2 cup toasted walnut pieces
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- To make vinaigrette, put all of the ingredients except the olive oil in the bowl of a food processor or blender.
- Process the ingredients until the black garlic has been completely incorporated with the rest of the ingredients.
- With the food processor running, slowly add the olive oil, blending until the dressing has thickened.
- Adjust seasonings to taste. Then set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Immerse the asparagus and blanch for 1 minute.
- Remove the asparagus from the hot water and run under cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Dry the asparagus and arrange on a plate. Drizzle the vinaigrette over the asparagus. Then sprinkle the walnut pieces and fresh thyme leaves over the asparagus.
Cool Ice Cream Tips
They'll change the way you cook—er, churn
The coolest ice cream tips.
The zucchini spaghetti of Italy.
Savor the season.
Tennessee whiskey is the tops.
Orange you sweet.