If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Meatloaf is the very first dish I made for my hubby and he requests it often. I’ve experimented with various versions over the years and this is my favorite. It’s very moist and flavorful because it’s packed with cooked veggies and sun dried tomatoes. No sauce is needed – it is absolutely perfect on its own! —Kerstin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 4 shallots, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup crushed croutons
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350?F. Heat olive oil over medium high heat in a large skillet and sauté carrots for 5 minutes. Add shallots and pepper and sauté 5 more minutes or until veggies are soft. Add garlic and sauté one additional minute.
- Mix cooked veggies, sun-dried tomatoes, ground turkey, egg, crushed croutons, parmesan cheese, oregano, basil, and salt in a large bowl with hands until well combined. Form meat into a loaf and place on a large greased cookie sheet. Bake meatloaf at 350?F for 40 to 45 minutes or until cooked through. Makes 6 servings.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Meatloaf
Get Baking This Labor Day
These recipes are worth a little kitchen labor
Get baking this Labor Day.
Make these recipes before it's too late.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our staff's best storage tips.
Storage made crystal clear.