If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This quick and easy summer squash side dish debuted in our dinner table last summer. It's one of our family fav dish to paired with a chicken or fish entree. - Dominique Fry - Dominique Fry
Food52 Review: A lovely way to dress up zucchini. The lemon juice -- which seeps through and perfumes the squash as it roasts -- also keeps it from browning as much as if roasted in oil alone (so don't wait for it!) but the garlicky breadcrumbs add a toasty crunch, and the basil chiffonade lands you on a nice final herbal note. Heads up: I only needed 1/2 teaspoon of salt in the breadcrumbs, so start low and add to taste. - Kristen - The Editors
- 4 medium zucchini and/or yellow squash
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- Olive Oil
- 5 large leaves of fresh Basil finely sliced
- Cut the squashes in bite size cubes and dressed with at least 1 tbsp of Olive Oil (according to your taste), salt, black pepper and the lemon juice. Quickly roast it at 360 for 15min. Remove and reserve. In a small fry pan heat 2 tbsp of olive oil, add the 3 clove of garlic chopped and 1 to 2 tsp of salt. When garlic starts to brown, turn heat down and add the bread crumbs. Mix to obtain small clusters. Remove from the heat once the clusters are browned. Add more olive oil if not moist enough. Top the roasted squash with the garlic crisp and the sliced basil. Enjoy it!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Summer Squash Recipe
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
What's in, what's out.
Wedding registry must haves.