Author Notes: I have created mini-sandwiches before and for a brunch one day I started creating different variations of this recipe. I like the flavors of fresh apricot, basil and goat cheese. I especially like the addition of pistachios. - amrecipes
Serves 24-28 appetizers
- 1 cup apple juice or cider
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup aged balsamic vinegar
- 2 ciabatta baguettes or country-style bread, sliced
- 1 pound goat cheese or brie cheese
- 1 pound prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 2 cups Arugula, washed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup unsalted, chopped pistachios
- In a medium saucepan, pour in juice, preserves and vinegar and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and cook until thick, 6 to 7 minutes; stirring often. Turn off heat.
- Lay bread slices on serving tray(s). Spread or cover each piece with cheese. Lay thin slice of prosciutto and arrange arugula on top. Sprinkle basil and about ½ teaspoon pistachio pieces. When time to serve, drizzle warm balsamic and apricot glaze over top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil