Author Notes: An easy, quick and tasty refrigerator dill pickle recipe. - rosemarried
- 6 small cucumbers
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 4 cloves of garlic, sliced thin
- 1/2 teaspoon whole allspice
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 6 bunches sprigs fresh dill
- Combine water, vinegar, salt, and sugar in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil, then set aside and let cool.
- Add the mustard seeds, peppercorns and allspice to a large mason jar. Pack in as many cucumber spears as will comfortably fit in the jar, and then pack in the dill sprigs and garlic.
- Once the water & vinegar mixture has cooled (i.e. the brine), pour the liquid over the cucumbers in the jar. Seal with a clean lid and refrigerate for at least 24 hours before eating.