If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: An easy, quick and tasty refrigerator dill pickle recipe. - rosemarried
- 6 small cucumbers
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 4 cloves of garlic, sliced thin
- 1/2 teaspoon whole allspice
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 6 bunches sprigs fresh dill
- Combine water, vinegar, salt, and sugar in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil, then set aside and let cool.
- Add the mustard seeds, peppercorns and allspice to a large mason jar. Pack in as many cucumber spears as will comfortably fit in the jar, and then pack in the dill sprigs and garlic.
- Once the water & vinegar mixture has cooled (i.e. the brine), pour the liquid over the cucumbers in the jar. Seal with a clean lid and refrigerate for at least 24 hours before eating.
Essential Tools for Your Office Kitchen
10 things for happy desk lunches.
Essential Office Kitchen Tools
An updated heirloom applesauce cake.
Fire up the grill.
Festive Felt Barbecue Banners
Portable picnic snacks.