If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My own creation, a recipe I made today for our family get-together. I made this wing dish because I want to take the photo (As usual I want to prove that I try out the recipe and eat it), and post it to food52. Believe me this recipe comes out very well. - pauljoseph - pauljoseph
Food52 Review: Pauljoseph’s Honey Black Pepper wings intrigued me for a number of reasons. First, because I have never cooked wings in a wok before, and looked forward to not worrying about sputters of hot oil from a fryer or the heat of an oven. Second, because although the ingredients were all familiar, items I almost always have on hand, I had a hunch that Pauljoseph’s recipe would transform them into something extraordinary. I have never had such a wonderful aroma waft from my wok as when the wings were browning – it smelled amazing. Clearly an excellent and thoughtful cook, his recipe calls for just the right amount of each ingredient. When adding the black pepper, my first thought was, wow, this is a lot of black pepper. However, it does not overwhelm the wings; rather, it becomes the warm spicy base for which the honeyed glaze is the perfect contrast. These are delicious wings and I will certainly make them again; my only suggestion would be to make sure to take the time to brown each wing before adding the glaze. Due to the smaller cooking area of my wok versus a baking pan in the oven, it does take a little bit of attention to get each one brown but it is worth it. - gingerroot - The Editors
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp oyster Sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tsp. ginger minced
- ½ cup onion sliced
- 1 green chili sliced
- 2 ½ lbs. chicken wings
- Salt to taste
- Combine honey, oyster sauce ,soy sauce with 1/2 cup water
- In a heavy wok(bell metal urli), heat oil. Stir-fry the garlic , onion ,chili and ginger for few seconds
- Add the wings and sprinkle pepper powder and salt , cook until brown
- Add the honey mixture to the pan and turn down the heat to simmer. (If you want you can add 2 tbsp of good red wine)
- Cover and cook 15 minutes, or until wings are cooked through. Stir occasionally.
- Remove lid, reduce heat and stir-fry the wings while the sauce is reduced to a glaze.
- Serve with Parsley Rice
Tags: chicken wings
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chicken Wings
Recipe of the Day
Garden Mule Cocktail
Garden Mule Cocktail
Fresh beer, anywhere.
What to Do With Marjoram
How to keep produce longer.
Go play outside!