Author Notes: Quick, easy, healthy, and makes a delicious lunch. Add some feta or goat cheese to make a more protein-rich meal. - katiebakes
- scant 2 cups water
- 1 1/3 cup couscous
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow squash
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup cooked edamame
- In a medium size saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add couscous and next 4 ingredients; stir well, cover, remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- In a small cup, combine olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and lemon rind. Add to couscous along with parsley, mint, basil, and edamame.
- Serve immediately or chill.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Brown Bag Lunch