If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Move over green eggs and ham, purple soup is here to stay! Your kids will love this bright purple soup that is not only easy to make but very healthy, as well as low fat, dairy-free and vegetarian. They will be eating their veggies and giggling the entire time. —ChezUs
- 1 1/2 pounds purple cauliflower
- 2 small shallots
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 - 4 cups veggie stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt, to taste
- good quality olive oil, garnish
- ezpeletako bipera or smoked paprika, garnish
- Remove outer leaves of cauliflower. Wash and cut cauliflower into chunks.
- Cut shallots and garlic into medium sized pieces.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large saucepan or dutch oven. Add shallots, cook over low heat, until soft. About 5 minutes.
- Add cauliflower. Stir to coat with olive oil. Cook for about 5 minutes over low heat.
- Add stock and garlic. Bring to boil. Do not cover with a lid.
- Bring heat to a low simmer. Season to taste with salt.
- Cook until cauliflower is soft, about 25 - 35 minutes. It all depends on how large you cut the pieces of cauliflower.
- Remove from heat and let cool about 10 minutes. Puree in batches, using either a blender or food processor. Return to cooking pan.
- Gently reheat over low heat. If necessary season with a bit more salt.
- Ladle into serving bowl. Drizzle good quality olive oil over the top and sprinkle with ezpeletako bipera or smoked paprika.
- Serve. Eat.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cauliflower Recipe
Have Your Campari—and Eat It, Too
Granita is really, really great
Spike your granita with campari.
The craziest chip around.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
Savor the season.
This pasta's mint to be.