If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My Mom has made a straight forward hot artichoke dip for years that is fabulous, absolutely addictive. For many though, with gads of mayo and cheese, it's a bit much. I took her inspiration and tweaked it a bit to lower the fat level (though its hardly low-calorie), and to amp the flavors by building on the ingredient list, adding lemon for brightness, spinach for some color, sour cream and feta for their tang, and the pine nuts for their earthy crunch. I had someone almost kill me for this recipe at New Years. - Oui, Chef - Oui, Chef
Food52 Review: WHO: Oui, Chef is a writer, father of five, and a longtime Food52er. He lives in Massachusetts.
WHAT: Artichoke dip, all brightened up.
HOW: Mix your ingredients together in one bowl. pour into a baking dish, top with feta and parmesan, and bake.
WHY WE LOVE IT: Oui, Chef keeps all the things that make artichoke dip so delicious -- the cheese, the mayonnaise, the sour cream -- and then brightens it all up with a good dose of lemon. The resulting dish is something you could eat a lot of -- without wanting to take a nap afterwards. - A&M
Serves 8 to 10
- 1 6 ounce can of artichoke hearts in water, drained, thinly sliced and patted dry
- 1 10 ounce package of frozen spinach, thawed, chopped and wrung dry in a clean kitchen towel
- 3/4 cup finely grated fresh Parmesan
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup lightly toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Place your oven rack in the center position and pre-heat the oven to 425 ?.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the artichoke hearts, spinach, mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon zest and juice, the pine nuts, black pepper, salt, and 1/2 cup of the parmigiano cheese.
- Rub the inside of a small baking dish with the crushed garlic, then discard the clove. Pour the mixture into the dish and spread top an even thickness, sprinkle the top with the remained 1/4 cup of parmigiano and the crumbled feta.
- Bake until the top browns and the dip heats through, about 20-30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before serving with pita chips, or the crackers of your choice.
- This recipe is a Wildcard Contest Winner!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip