Author Notes: My Mom has made a straight forward hot artichoke dip for years that is fabulous, absolutely addictive. For many though, with gads of mayo and cheese, it's a bit much. I took her inspiration and tweaked it a bit to lower the fat level (though its hardly low-calorie), and to amp the flavors by building on the ingredient list, adding lemon for brightness, spinach for some color, sour cream and feta for their tang, and the pine nuts for their earthy crunch. I had someone almost kill me for this recipe at New Years. - Oui, Chef - Oui, Chef
Food52 Review: Hot gooey spinach artichoke dip is always going to be a crowd pleaser, but Oui, Chef's version has some extra reasons to love it. The lovely tang of the lemon brings out the brightness of the artichokes to give this dip a light feeling that you don't often encounter in artichoke dip. It tastes fresh, instead of heavy. This is complemented by the Mediterranean notes from the briny feta and pine nuts. I made this dip for a party this weekend and it disappeared amidst a flurry of compliments. Very tasty! - fiveandspice
- 1 6 oz. can of artichoke hearts in water, drained, thinly sliced and patted dry
- 1 10 oz. package of frozen spinach, thawed, chopped and wrung dry in a clean kitchen towel
- 3/4 cups finely grated fresh parmigiano-reggiano
- 3/4 cups mayonnaise
- 3/4 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup lightly toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Place your oven rack in the center position and pre-heat the oven to 425 ℉.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the artichoke hearts, spinach, mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon zest and juice, the pine nuts, black pepper, salt, and 1/2 cup of the parmigiano cheese.
- Rub the inside of a small baking dish with the crushed garlic, then discard the clove. Pour the mixture into the dish and spread top an even thickness, sprinkle the top with the remained 1/4 cup of parmigiano and the crumbled feta.
- Bake until the top browns and the dip heats through, about 20-30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before serving with pita chips, or the crackers of your choice.