If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I frequently make a wilted cucumber salad with dill and red onion for family dinners and thought why not use the same technique with carrots? Since there are only two of us at home right now, I made a small batch using 1 pound of carrots, but this could certainly be doubled, tripled or even quadrupled for large gatherings. - inpatskitchen
Makes about 2 cups
- 1 pound carrots cut into 2 -3 inch match stick size pieces
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- Sprinkle the cut carrots with the kosher salt. Toss and place in a colander set over a bowl for about 2 hours. The carrots will exude some juice and wilt slightly.
- After two hours, thoroughly rinse and drain the carrots.
- Combine the carrots with the vinegar, sugar,dill and red onion. Chill in a covered container for few hours, stirring now and then.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe
A Genius Dinner Party: Part 2
Of course, it involves no-knead pizza dough.
A genius dinner party: part 2
A list of things we like.
Home & design links we love.
Fact: Kids love pizza.
Mortar and pestle perfection.