If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Up in Maine, we're lucky to have access to all sorts of great local seafood. While Maine lobster tends to get the most press, my family is pretty addicted to Peekytoe -- also known as bay, or rock -- crab, which is actually a by-product of the lobster fishing industry (they get caught in the traps). We regularly have the "toasties" below for lunch, out on the front porch overlooking the ocean. They're nothing fancy, but that's mainly because we know better than to mess too much with the crabmeat, which is best left to shine on its own.
* Note: Although I call for Parmesan here, my mother (Veronica) would like it known that she prefers sharp white cheddar. I'll leave it up to you!
Serves 3, generously
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 pound fresh crabmeat (preferably Peekytoe, but stone crab and Dungeness are also good), picked over
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 scallions, white and light green parts, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 English muffins, split and toasted
- Grated Parmesan (1 tablespoon per toastie)