Each week, we’ll be sharing a comprehensive list of links to help you master something new in the kitchen. Culinary greatness, here you come.
Today: Know your (stone) fruit.
Summertime is made infinitely better by the arrival of stone fruit. Fresh peaches, apricots, nectarines, plums, and cherries are perfect on their own, but it's always a good idea to sneak them into pies, tarts, crumbles, crisps, and even salads. Read up on the juicy details, then enjoy stone fruit all season long.
- How to buy, store, and prepare stone fruits. (Saveur.)
- Everything you wanted to know about peaches, plums, and apricots. (Food52.)
- 12 ways to cook with stone fruits. (The New York Times.)
- If you don't have a cherry pitter on hand, here's a handy trick. (The Kitchn.)
- Make sure to save those pits! You can use them later. (Bon Appétit.)
Stone fruit lovers -- share your secrets in the comments!