Each week, we’ll be sharing a comprehensive list of links to help you master something new in the kitchen. Culinary greatness, here you come..
Today: How to make the most of in-season eggplant.
If you love eggplant, its sheer abundance at the market this time of year is a beautiful thing. You'll bring it home by the armload and bake it with breadcrumbs and cheese, sauté it with sugar and capers for a sweet and sour caponata, and pureé it into a creamy yogurt dip. But we're willing to guess there are quite a few of you out there who aren't so thrilled by the return of eggplant, which can turn out tough, bitter, or soggy. Whether you're a card-carrying member of the Eggplant Fan Club or you're in need of more convincing, these links will show you how to make the most of this versatile ingredient.
- Brush up on your eggplant knowledge before you get started. (Food52.)
- Watch this video to learn the best way to cut up eggplant. (Serious Eats.)
- Cook perfect eggplant every time by avoiding these common mistakes. (Bon Appétit.)
- For the ultimate fried eggplant, follow these tips from chef Danny Bowien. (Saveur.)
- From Italian and Greek to Middle Eastern and African, eggplant shines in recipes from all over the world. (Epicurious.)
Eggplant: Do you love it or hate it? Share your eggplant tips with us in the comments!