We've scoured the web for our favorite food blog posts, and now we're bringing them right to your desktop. It’s hard work, but someone has to do it.
Surviving the winter is made possible by the following: hot toddies, footed onesie pajamas, and baked goods. The reasoning behind baked goods is two-fold, as the heat of your oven warms your home, and the comforting combination of flour and butter warms your soul. This weekend, stave off the chill of winter with cakes, tarts, pretzel buns, savory galettes, and scones. (And don't forget to read these links!)
- Dress up traditional cheesecake with blood oranges and red wine-glazed figs. (The Artful Desperado.)
- Fill buttery tart shells with tart pomelo curd and top them with sweet honey meringue for this beautiful dessert. (Butter and Brioche.)
- Dairy- and gluten-free? Don't fret. You can still have your chocolate layer cake (and eat it, too.) (Dolly and Oatmeal.)
- Speaking of chocolate cake, try this 4-layer mocha version with mint-colored icing. (The Farmer's Daughter.)
- Fact: Homemade pretzel buns instantly make any burger or sandwich better. (Eat in My Kitchen.)
- Savory galettes -- like this one with delicata squash -- are perfect for lunch. (A Thousand Threads.)
- Fill scones with raspberries and white chocolate and serve them with coffee or tea. (Dula Notes.)
- For a different take on scones, try making this tangerine poppy seed version. (Apt. 2B Baking Co.)
Photos on top by (clockwise) The Artful Desperado, Butter and Brioche, The Farmer's Daughter, Dolly and Oatmeal
Photos on bottom by (clockwise) Eat in My Kitchen, A Thousand Threads, Apt. 2B Baking Co., Dula Notes
Which food blogs inspired you this week? Tell us in the comments!