If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Every Sunday, we round up our favorite food reads (podcasts, and videos) from the week, so you can sit back with that cup of coffee and settle in to catch up on what's happening in the world of food.
Today: A quick guide to whiskey, a warm welcome back to one of our favorite ice cream makers, and how to eat on a (really) tiny budget in a city.
Here are 5 of our favorite things we read this week:
- Pete Wells loved this restaurant so much he's never going back. [New York Times]
- After voluntarily recalling its ice creams last month after a listeria outbreak, Jeni's ice cream is back for Memorial Day. (We'll have a double scoop, please.) [Jeni's Ice Cream]
- Candy is dandy, but whiskey is tricky. Here's a quick guide to the classic liquor. [Refinery29]
- A new study reveals how hard it is for public policy to improve eating habits after citywide initiatives to open grocery stores in low income neighborhoods yielded little change in what people purchased. [New York Times]
- It's possible to eat for free in New York—as long as you're willing to get dirty. [The Guardian]
Did you read anything worth sharing this week? Tell us in the comments below!
Photos by James Ransom