If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Some people have spirit animals. We think media companies should have spirit cocktails. Here's what they would be:
- Thrillist: literally the best margarita in the city, slammed back with a tower of America's craziest bacon-wrapped, beer-battered burgers
- Buzzfeed: 27 Versions of the Black and Blue Every Lazy Bartender Needs to Know (a variation on a Black and Tan; half of our staff refers to this as the White and Gold)
- Bon Appétit: ANYTHING with Campari in the winter; a Budweiser tallboy on ice in the summer, bro
- Epicurious: whatever Bon Appétit drinks
- Yahoo Food: whatever Epicurious drinks
- Eater: whatever the Torrisi boys drink
- The Kitchn: a glass of Sauvignon Blanc with a one-ingredient ice cube
- Business Insider: an Elijah Craig Manhattan, hold the cherries. (Cherries are reserved for the media companies who wrote the original story.)
- Wall St. Journal: bone dry gin martini, single olive
- Kinfolk: whiskey from a porcelain flask next to a yew tree campfire, or whatever they're drinking in Scandinavia right now
- New York Times: consistently reliable scotch our father introduced to us years ago, poured at the same time each day
- Saveur: we have no idea; check back in the next redesign
- Martha Stewart Living: peony liqueur Pimm's cup, served in jail
- Readers' Digest: we don't need a drink; laughter is the best medicine
- Lucky Peach: the Phil Khallins from Mission Chinese, Bowie on vinyl playing in the background (we'd tell you the album but you've probably never heard of it)
- Serious Eats: more like signature slice, are we right?
- Cherry Bombe: Champagne, chaser of second glass of Champagne
- Grub Street: whatever the latest bar is serving, sipped from some sort of edible vessel by Dominique Ansel
- Vice: rebel moonshine in a hideout with ISIS
- Tasting Table: a gin and tonic made with a centrifuge by Dave Arnold in our test kitchen
- Food & Wine: anything with muddled fruit handed to us before we get in a gondola in Aspen
- FWx: shots in the gondola on the way back down the mountain
- Goop: green juice spiked with a splash of vodka + 6 1/2 almonds
- New Yorker: last year, at this time, we were gifted a pricey bottle, which we will now pull from the cabinet and drink, neat
- Pure Wow: Flirtinis!
- The Awl: that bottle someone left in our fridge from that party one time
- Food52: Amanda's mother's recipe for an Americano served in a copper cup priced at $100