Life moves pretty fast, as Ferris Bueller says. Here's a selection of our favorite stories from the site this weekend.
- We prepped for Hanukkah by coming up with a night-by-night game plan and compiling a list of common latke problems and how to fix them,
- It became evident that having brown butter at the ready all the time, always, is the only way to go.
- We celebrated the first night of Hanukkah with lotsa latkes...
- ...and considered inviting French toast over for dinner.
- Hooray! We announced our Cookies of the World, along with a gorgeous little cookie map by Jordan Sondler.
- Your mantle never looked better.
- Hillary Reeves took us down the thumbprint cookie rabbit hole.
- The community came up with a few solutions for using up that last bit of molasses, and they are all pretty tasty.
- The secrets to softening brown sugar were revealed.
- DIY candles for Hanukkah... and beyond!
- We found that there is nothing more delicious than homemade cannoli.
- Haven't found a project to tackle this season? Just reminding you that we reminded you that brewing beer is a great one.
- We gave you a few ways to help reduce or prevent food waste in your own kitchen!
- Savory whipped cream was a thing. And it was delicious.
- #NSDL hit the roof!
- Lindsay-Jean put together a list of some truly phenomenal gifts that give back.
- Wine myths were busted.
- 1 Minute Meal profiled Dave Cook, author and photographer behind the blog Eating in Translation and he shared his love of the food of and around different cultural communities.
- We took a look at Felicia Campbell's The Food of Oman and liked (and couldn't wait to taste) what we saw.
- Bitten by the travel bug, we went a step further and rounded up 46 cookie recipes from around the world for the holidays.
- And jumping off of cookies, we couldn't resist Yossy Arefi's bites of orange flower-scented baklava.
- Even more cookies? You bet: We launched a seriously gorgeous—and community-sourced!—cookie map featuring 46 cookies from every corner of the world.