New & NowEssential Tools

Help Us Identify these Antique Kitchen Tools!

3 Save

If you like it, save it!

Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.

Got it!

If you like something…

Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.

Got it!

Yesterday, Food52er Kyleen emailed us a photo of some antique kitchen tools. She needed help identifying what she aptly described as the "weird chain mail looking thing" in the left side of the photo. Kyleen is an employee at Point Mugu Thrift Store at the naval base in Point Mugu, California—that's where these tools ended up. She and her customers were able to work out what the other tools were, but we're still in the dark, and so curious!

So we're throwing it out to the best collective resource we know: our community! Do you recognize any of these kitchen tools of yore? What are they called? What were they used for? How do they hold up to their modern counterparts?

Share your wisdom with us in the comments.

Tags: Antiques, Community, Food History