Everyone knows that the best part of Christmas is the stockings.
Age 5 or 95, there's something about a collection of little, unexpected treats that makes your insides all cozy-like.
Maybe you celebrate something else, or stockings aren't part of your tradition—but these 'lil gifts are perfect for any time you want to surprise someone with an, "I'm thinking about you."
So here are 49 of our tiny, charming, magical, soft, sweet, make-you-giggle, thoughtful ideas. Let's fill 'er up, shall we?
Photo by Mark Weinberg
1. A bitty baby succulent
2. Magic pearls that keep your crisp white wines chilly!
3. A micro building block set to build a mini giraffe
4. A baby Staub cocotte to use as a salt cellar or bake full of eggs
A food punny enamel pin
6. Palo Santo incense sticks
7. A wee whisk necklace
8. The tiniest, sweetest book collection: The Nutshell Library by Maurice Sendak
Baller Enamel Pin
Delft temporary tattoos
10. A sweet downloadable embroidery pattern, along with a skein of embroidery thread, hoop, needle, and embroidery cloth...
11. Or a kit that has it all
Cactus Bird Embroidery Kit
A kit for growing your own herbs in the windowsill in a glass jar
13. A pocket-sized adult coloring book with mini colored pencils
14. Or a kid-friendly stained glass coloring book
15. For the snail-mailers, a wax seal stamp with their initial on it
Alphabet Wax Seal Stamp
Actually Useful Things
16. Our best didn’t-know-I-needed-it-but-now-I-can’t-live-without-it kitchen item:
the egg coddler!
A tassel keychain that has a hidden phone charger
18. A selfie stick (don’t hate me)
19. A dopp kit (bonus points for filling it with travel sized toiletries)
20. Ice trays that actually work (and keep freezer smell out!
Things Will Work Out Print
22. A good reminder
23. Really happy socks... Really, any kind of socks
24. Reusable silicone baggies—for lunch boxes, marinating, soud vide-ing, and more
Edible (or Drinkable) Things
Edible sugar doilies that float on top of tea or hot chocolate and amaze guests
26. Bourbon maple syrup, because pancakes
27. A U-pick retro candy bag
28. Mini finishing salt tins, to keep in purses and pockets
Edible Lace Rosette Sugar Doilies
29. Airplane bottles of Baileys (21 and over, only!)
30. A Carry-On Cocktail Kit, so you're not stuck with the airline's sorry excuse for a gin and tonic
31. Wee bottles of Tabasco
Mini Tabasco Bottles
A unicorn purse
33. Glow in the dark stars
34. A mushroom night light
Magic Grow Capsules
pony drink stirrers
36. Astronaut ice cream
37. Magic grow capsules for bath time
38. Color changing balloons or...
39. Balloons that spell out their name
Gold Mylar Letter Balloons
41. Lottery scratchers
42. Gold coins
43. Twinkly lights
The House of Mirth, by Edith Wharton
44. Used paperbacks of your favorite classics. (Mine is Edith Wharton’s
House of Mirth.)
45. A sparky nail polish
46. Super-luxe, great smelling spa toiletries
47. Mad Libs! ( Printables!)
48. Smith’s Minted Rose Lip Balm
49. A handmade ornament they'll keep forever
Essie Rock at the Top Nail Polish
OK, I'm off to find a bigger stocking.
What are you favorite things to stuff in your loved ones' stockings? Got any stocking "donts"? Tell us in the comments below!
See what other Food52 readers are saying.