Hey hey, the 14th of May (otherwise known as Mother's Day) is nigh! You might be planning breakfast in bed (or a phone call if you're long distance), but if you're looking to surprise her with a little something extra, we've got 39 ideas ahead.
3. 12 pints of creamy, dreamy, off-the-vanilla-path ice cream (Savannah Buttermint!), all year long. If you just want a single, Jeni's has a Mother's Day Collection, including one pint of Chamomile Chardonnay—a super small batch they ran off just for mamas.
4. Wine in a can. (Yes, there is a rosé one.)
5. A day pack named after a pastry, and in a zillion colors. For packing baby wipes, or snacks for a hike, or a stack of books to return to the library.
6. The best live album from one of the best voices. You gotta R-E-S-P-E-C-T Aretha. (Free gift alert: Just send her the Spotify link!)
7. A flower book full of saturated technicolor photos she can sink into. Open and aaaaah.
8. An herb-stuffed, sauna-like facial steam—without having to sit next to a naked person. Fennel, rose, licorice... breathe in.
15. Soft-as-a-lamb terry cloth bath towels made in Japan.
Glass Teapot with Iron Filter
24. "Have you heard about this Outdoor Voices? I saw in the New York Times that it's the hip brand." Oh, Mom. (Get her the comfy sweats, natch.)
25. She can wear her sweatpants to a yoga, pilates, or a boxing class set up like a nightclub (really) with a subscription to ClassPass.
26. Digestible (pun intended) Short Stack single-subject cookbooks. Is she more Peaches or Proscuitto?
27. Groovy custom photobooks, for bragging (look at what my kids are doing).
28–31. Cookbooks, even if just to look at. Some of our favorites:
Stamped Copy: Food52 Mighty Salads
32–35. Candles. Cliché? Maybe. Great-smelling? Absolutely.
36–39. Homes for plants. Just add plants.
Wire Plant Stands
What are you giving to your mom for Mother's Day this year?