If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Brew that coffee! Pour that OJ! And settle in this morning to catch up on what's happening in the world of food. Here's what we're reading (and watching) this week.
• Feed the need! NYC's Hot Bread Kitchen is helping people help themselves through teaching bread baking. Celebrate women who bake at an event with NYC's preeminent female bakers and support this noble and historic cause. Help preserve the tradition because everyone needs their daily bread.
• You do everything you should -- shop at the farmers' market, compost, scowl at the mention of "corn syrup." And, you've just survived a heinous winter with nothing but a pile of ramps in sight, and yet, our favorite spring vegetable just hit the endangered species list: "When Digging for Ramps Goes Too Deep" (The New York Times)
[Not the ramps! Anything but our ramps!]
• For those of you following this important story about agribusiness and U.S. tomato cultivation, the coverage of the Immokalee workers in Florida continues. (The Atlantic)
• Chirp! Chirp! Oh, come on, you know you love them -- especially when they're homemade! (The New York Times)
• And, while we're on the subject of Easter candy, is it just us or do Cadbury creme eggs just keep getting smaller?! What's up with that? (Jezebel)