If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
It's Bastille Day! Come celebrate the best of French culture by revisiting some of our favorite posts that ran during France Week.
Earlier this year, we saw London, and now we're seeing France: Not just by armchair, but by oven, stove, crockery, and Google map. From now until Friday, we'll be posting recipes, stories, and travel advice about the France that we love—where the food is relaxed, unrefined, and maybe even a little creatif (looking at you, Texas tartine). There won't be any edible lavender or fondant or escargot. Just unfussy, totally doable recipes (and tips!) from our trusted French amis and the Genius herself.
What to Expect
- Ann Mah walks us through the wide world of geographically-inspired salades composées, and how the folks she hangs out with in France are always bickering about them.
- Sarah Jampel's visual guide to five French desserts—all of which have only five ingredients.
- Zazie Tavitian, the Food and Drink Editor over at Time Out Paris, admits that not all French clichés are wrong.
- Erin McDowell visits the Paris kitchen of Beth Kirby/Local Milk on Thursday afternoon EST to bake the French way on Facebook Live!
- The most interesting, out-of-le-boite cooking classes across the country.
- How to navigate the farmers market—and all-frozen-food supermarket Picard—like a pro.
- A très adorable, exclusive Staub French oven, on sale just this week, over at le Shop.