If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
We've learned a lot during our Recipe Writing Week here at FOOD52. Pour yourself a cup of coffee, kick back, and catch up on everything that happened. You'll be writing better recipes -- and taking better photographs -- in no time.
• Food luminaries Ruth Reichl, JJ Goode, Rose Levy Beranbaum, Deb Perelman, Charlotte Druckman, Patricia Wells, and Aki Kamozawa and H. Alexander Talbot of Ideas in Food shared their Recipe Writing Pearls of Wisdom.
• We tested your knowledge on cookbooks, recipes, and the origins of oft-overused food phrases. (Now, with answers -- as promised!)
• We taught you how to write a headnote, and gave a few key FOOD52 examples.
• Melissa Clark and Chris Cosentino rewrote a turn-of-the-century recipe for Batter Pudding -- in their own styles. Peter Meehan did, too. Kind of.
• We got chefs and food writers from around the country to tweet their favorite #6wordrecipe -- and threw in some of our own, too.
• We showed you how George Carlin changed recipe writing, and taught you why we don't use the word "preheat" on FOOD52.
• We explained what makes an original recipe, and reaffirmed our mission at FOOD52.
Now, go take your knowledge, and make FOOD52 an even better place!