A question about a recipe: Cinnamon Sugar Breakfast Puffs

I have a question about step 5 on the recipe "Cinnamon Sugar Breakfast Puffs" from fiveandspice. It says:

"Divide the batter evenly into the cups of the muffin tin. Pop into the oven and bake until golden brown and fragrant, about 20-25 minutes."

• Posted by: Nan
  • December 4, 2011
6b925041 933a 4a0c 8c59 07e780aee118  2016 1116 cinnamon sugar breakfast puffs james ransom 109
Recipe question for: Cinnamon Sugar Breakfast Puffs

fiveandspice
fiveandspice December 4, 2011

I'm sorry, your whole question doesn't seem to have come through! I would like to answer it - maybe try posting it again?

Nan
Nan December 4, 2011

my puffs didn't brown but were cooked perfect, also can you freeze the puffs

fiveandspice
fiveandspice December 4, 2011

That's interesting that they didn't brown. They don't generally get very brown, just golden, in my experience. Also, I've never actually tried freezing them, but I've frozen other muffin type baked goods, and in a good freezer bag or double bagged they tend to keep pretty well. Then you can defrost them and rewarm them in the oven before serving. If you do give freezing them a try, I'd love to know how it works out.

Nan
Nan December 5, 2011

I just tried freezing them, then thawed on counter and put in hot oven for minutes and they turned out great, just like freshly baked.
Thank you so much for the recipe

fiveandspice
fiveandspice December 7, 2011

Glad to hear it!