A question about a recipe: Cinnamon Sugar Breakfast Puffs

6b925041 933a 4a0c 8c59 07e780aee118  2016 1116 cinnamon sugar breakfast puffs james ransom 109

I have a question about step 5 on the recipe "Cinnamon Sugar Breakfast Puffs" from fiveandspice. It says:

"Divide the batter evenly into the cups of the muffin tin. Pop into the oven and bake until golden brown and fragrant, about 20-25 minutes."

asked by Nan almost 7 years ago

fiveandspice
fiveandspice

Emily is a trusted source on Scandinavian Cuisine.

I'm sorry, your whole question doesn't seem to have come through! I would like to answer it - maybe try posting it again?

Nan
Nan

my puffs didn't brown but were cooked perfect, also can you freeze the puffs

fiveandspice
fiveandspice

That's interesting that they didn't brown. They don't generally get very brown, just golden, in my experience. Also, I've never actually tried freezing them, but I've frozen other muffin type baked goods, and in a good freezer bag or double bagged they tend to keep pretty well. Then you can defrost them and rewarm them in the oven before serving. If you do give freezing them a try, I'd love to know how it works out.

Nan
Nan

I just tried freezing them, then thawed on counter and put in hot oven for minutes and they turned out great, just like freshly baked.
Thank you so much for the recipe

fiveandspice
fiveandspice

Glad to hear it!