A question about a recipe: Cinnamon Sugar Breakfast Puffs

6b925041 933a 4a0c 8c59 07e780aee118  2016 1116 cinnamon sugar breakfast puffs james ransom 109

This recipe looks amazing! But I have a question. Say I want to make the batter the night before and refrigerate it, then bake them in the morning. Would that work? We have guests sleeping on the living room floor of our tiny apartmetn and I'd rather they wake up to the smell of cinnamon goodness than to the noise of my stand mixer... Thanks!

asked by overthinkit over 6 years ago

I think you might want to mix up the dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately & store them overnight, whisk together the next morning and bake. If you do the whole batter the night before, the leaven will loose its oomph (technical term meaning oomph!).

btw I like your screen name.

overthinkit

now why didn't I think of that??
Thanks!