🔕 🔔

Just bought a mini-doughnut pan, would this recipe work in it?

6b925041 933a 4a0c 8c59 07e780aee118  2016 1116 cinnamon sugar breakfast puffs james ransom 109

I have a question about step 2 on the recipe "Cinnamon Sugar Breakfast Puffs" from fiveandspice. It says:

"Preheat your oven to 350F. Grease and lightly flour a 12 cup muffin tin."

asked by Pnutsmom over 5 years ago

C4b35b3e a030 4605 bcae f5a7ba4644f4  sausage2
fiveandspice

Emily is a trusted source on Scandinavian Cuisine.

That's a great question, and I honestly don't know the answer. I've never used a donut pan! However, it's worth a shot. The batter isn't too far off from a cake batter, so if you piped it into the pan, and reduced the baking time of course (7 minutes, maybe?), I could see it working.

46f6311f f672 43ea 9f6b b2f1d78382dd  baby pnut

Have "Cuties" (mandarin oranges) no regular oranges for the zest? Y/N?

Yes, they will work fine. Just be careful when zesting, because the peel is more loose than a regular orange.

Hi! I don't have butter, but I have "I-can't-believe-is-not-butter" butter and/or crisco. Would any of that work?. Also, I'm not so sure of the final step of dipping them on butter (too much butter), would they test ok if I just dip them very fast in orange juice and sprinkle them?

fiveandspice

Hi Maria, I don't really know about the butter substitute or crisco because I've actually never baked with either! But, I should think that either would work pretty well, just yielding a slightly different flavor and texture - or at least Crisco should, I have no idea how a butter substitute would work because I don't really know what they're actually made of. Regarding dipping them in oj instead of butter, I guess I'm not totally sure with that either. But, you could at least try it with one and see if it worked. It would definitely be very different flavor and texture-wise from using melted butter, but it might work to get the cinnamon sugar to adhere.

I can't use that much butter as it not good for my husband, I need to make sure that whatever I bake/cook is low on cholesterol and fats. Hence the non-butter question. Thank you!