A question about a recipe: Okonomiyaki

C8141b5b 2e34 42fc 8cdd 09273b032dbb  2016 1102 okonomiyaki james ransom 219

I have a question about the ingredient "(roughly) baby or chopped shrimp" on the recipe "Okonomiyaki" from Midge.
Should the shrimp be cooked or uncooked when added to the batter?

asked by Brenzo almost 7 years ago

meganvt01

I've done it both ways depending on what I have handy. Uncooked is what the recipe calls for I believe. Enjoy! It's my fav recipe on food52

Brenzo

Ok...tHanks. The recipe just calls for 'baby or chopped shrimp', so I wasn't sure. And I didn't know if 3 min a side cooking time would be long enough for the shrimp inside the okonomiyaki batter. Appreciate your quick reply!!

Midge

meganvt01 is right. Raw is best, but leftover cooked shrimp works too. Hope you like it!