🔕 🔔

Won't baking this cake longer dry it out?

I'm in charge of doing Christmas dessert. I found this from David Lebovitz-and due to my work schedule, I have to bake the cake ahead of time. I'm planning on warming it up that evening for the additional 30 minutes with the toffee sauce...but won't that dry the cake out? I mean, I know it's got that specification, but it just seems like an additional cook time of 30 minutes would really dry out the cake. Has anyone done something like this before? (Recipe below)

http://www.davidlebovitz...

asked by skittle almost 6 years ago

84e1393f 0d16 4291 80cf 2c42b5acf188  noz photo

A 300 degree oven is just barely warm -- especially protected by a later of gooey toffee sauce, your cake doesn't have a chance of drying out! If you're worried, though, you can lightly brush your cake with simple syrup (a 1:1 ratio of sugar and water, simmered to dissolve the sugar and then cooled) to keep it moist before baking.