🔕 🔔

Apricot cake, subbing the dried fruit

I am following a recipe for an apricot cake. I will be substituting the dried fruit (probably will plump in warm water first). Judging from the recipe photo, about 12 fresh halves were placed on top of the original cake just before baking. So should I do the same with the dried halves? Or use extra? Or chop coarsely and mix with the batter (which by the way is leavened with beaten egg white and chemical leavener).

C45c94a0 2e08 45bf a73c 4235d1b3c4bb  image

I have a gut feeling the plumped halves will not be as pretty as the fresh ones (if I am reading your post correctly). I would chop dice size and mix in as you suggest.

48dd002c 4c45 4b84 8006 ac8614d467cd  dsc00859 2

Thank you Sadassa, it's in the oven. We'll see how it works!