🔕 🔔

Re: the chicken mousse on the holiday app.......can you freeze it?

asked by Muffinj about 6 years ago

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

I wouldn't freeze it but it will keep for a few days if covered tightly and kept in the fridge.

I doubt it. Chicken Mousse isn't known for freezability. You might like to try a pate by Jacques Pepain. I have made it and it is terrific. I didn't freeze it but I trust him if he says so.

http://www.foodandwine...

549d9fb3 53ef 4170 b68e 8bae2e055be7  dsc 0048b

I'm not sure which recipe is on the app as I don't have an ipad, but I did make the tuscan chicken liver pate from this site and froze some as an experiment. It defrosted fine initially and tasted fine, but did get very dark once it had sat out on a buffet for a while.