English Muffin Bread Recipe?

I've tried the recipe in the Bernard Clayton "New Complete Book of Breads", that includes baking soda, added after the first rise. It has an off-taste, somewhere between salty and sour. The San Francisco a la Carte recipe is very lean. The English Muffin Bread I remember from the midwest (before I started baking) was a bit rich, and made the most heavenly grilled cheese sandwiches. Recipes or suggestions are most welcome.

asked by Melusine almost 7 years ago

jenmmcd

I can't look for a link right now, but I have seen Alton Brown make homemade English Muffins on Good Eats, so he probably has one on the Food Network site. Haven't made them, so can't say though....

Don Kleist

Beard on Bread by James Beard has a very good recipe for English muffin bread. It is easy to make and tastes great.

a Whole Foods Market Customer

Bread World.com has a great recpe

Melusine

Thank you all, very much. More bread baking is now in my weekend plans.