🔕 🔔

Humidity and baked goods

I made pizelles this year while it was QUITE humid and unusually warm (40s-50s), so no heat was running to counteract the humidity. And my pizzelles have lost their crispness. Of course it is drier now. Is there anything I can do to restore it? Would toasting them briefly in a low oven work? Thanks, Laura

asked by The Spiced Life almost 6 years ago

22b9ddc9 fc61 48a3 949e dee341974288  liz and dad

Yes, toasting them would make them darker and crisper. I'd be curious to see if the microwave might suck some moisture out. Try one pizelle and see.Something like this: http://www.wikihow.com...

Thanks! I'm especially interested in the microwaving method. :)

Checking back in to say I used the microwave but found it hard to control when it was too long. Think it might be easier to set oven on warm and do them in large batches.