A question about a recipe: Paul Bertolli's Cauliflower Soup

7ee28ff9 d34a 447c b77d 2c9ccc33ecf9  xvxoj5quamukmmilgysu6xhcblb4ui5n2b21dv9nvhu

I have a question about step 2 on the recipe "Paul Bertolli's Cauliflower Soup" from Genius Recipes. It says:

"Add the cauliflower, salt to taste, and 1/2 cup water. Raise the heat slightly, cover the pot tightly and stew the cauliflower for 15 to 18 minutes, or until tender. Then add another 4 1/2 cups hot water, bring to a low simmer and cook an additional 20 minutes." For the 20 mins at low simmer, do I cover the pot or leave it uncovered?

asked by giuliettanicoletta over 6 years ago

We left the cover off for that part, but you can also always adjust the thickness to taste (along with adjusting the salt) at the very end with that last 1/2 cup of water. Hope you like it!

giuliettanicoletta

Thanks for the quick answer! I just finished and tasted this soup and am now happily among the converted. Absolutely delicious. Cheers!

Oh great! So glad you liked it.

chubert

I did it with the pot covered. (By the way, the soup is delicious --- but be sure to use the freshest cauliflower you can find, preferably from the farmers' market, not supermarket.)