A question about a recipe: Paul Bertolli's Cauliflower Soup

7ee28ff9 d34a 447c b77d 2c9ccc33ecf9  xvxoj5quamukmmilgysu6xhcblb4ui5n2b21dv9nvhu

I have a question about step 3 on the recipe "Paul Bertolli's Cauliflower Soup" from Genius Recipes. It says:

"Working in batches, purée the soup in a blender to a very smooth, creamy consistency. Let the soup stand for 20 minutes. In this time it will thicken slightly."

What if I don't have a blender? Will a food processor work?

asked by JJGood over 6 years ago

JJGood

Thanks Merrill!

ejm
ejm

I used an immersion blender - lovely smooth results.

RecipeSoup

I also used an immersion blender, but was careful to leave some pieces of cauliflower intact for texture. Wonderful, comforting soup!

Rose Hill

Love the idea of leaving some pieces of cauliflower intact, rather than having a completely smooth soup. I'd use the food processor for about half of the batch of soup