🔕 🔔

I noticed lots of food52 recipe contributors grandmother or great aunts are jean pare ,Ina garten etc etc ?????

asked by [email protected] about 7 years ago

73cd846c b69c 41fe 8f8b 7a3aa8dd3b93  desert

Clarity please!

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

what are you talking about? the person from smash and sniff used melissav's recipe, and credited her. what's the problem?

Maybe Ina Garten thought she'd developed a recipe that just happens to be exactly like someones Grandmother or Great Aunt's recipe that at one time was published in some obscure little church cookbook! Recipes passed through families or a through a friend of a friend aren't always given with attribution, sometimes intentionally, sometimes not. I can't tell you how many times I've run across recipes that are almost identical to ones that I've thought I made a new twist on that I had never shared before. It's a rare recipe that's completely unique.