I noticed lots of food52 recipe contributors grandmother or great aunts are jean pare ,Ina garten etc etc ?????

asked by [email protected] about 8 years ago

foodcriticasia@gmail.com

log in to both link

http://smashandsniff.blogspot.com/

anyone

Clarity please!

what are you talking about? the person from smash and sniff used melissav's recipe, and credited her. what's the problem?

Soozll

Maybe Ina Garten thought she'd developed a recipe that just happens to be exactly like someones Grandmother or Great Aunt's recipe that at one time was published in some obscure little church cookbook! Recipes passed through families or a through a friend of a friend aren't always given with attribution, sometimes intentionally, sometimes not. I can't tell you how many times I've run across recipes that are almost identical to ones that I've thought I made a new twist on that I had never shared before. It's a rare recipe that's completely unique.