🔕 🔔

Any suggestions on how to marinate and cook "ranch steak"? Preferably using my All-Clad grill pan on the stove....

asked by WoooPigSooie! almost 7 years ago

13396e3c bb40 4b40 9900 579f74cbabff  si

Make a marinade of 5tbs pineapple juice, 2tsp crushed allspice berries and 2 medium onions sliced thinly. Marinate for 40 minutes or so (reserve the marinade if you want a sauce). Grill to desired doneness. Make a sauce to go with if you like by cooking the onions in some sunflower or other light oil, add the reserved marinade to the pan along with 2tbs sherry, a quarter-pint of hot beef stock and a really good dash of worcestershire sauce. Bring to the boil, reduce heat, simmer for a few minutes. Stir in any pan juices and serve. Creamy mash or cheesy pasta is nice with.

I have absolutely no idea what "ranch" steak means, unless it's Marie Callendar's or something. What cut of steak to begin with? Sirloin, flank, strip, trip tip??? The anwser to that question makes a big difference.

2aba2096 c62e 406b 8bb6 9fd457c68702  img 0694

I have no idea either! I think that "ranch" is the name of the cut. I received two pieces (1.5 lbs total) from a local organic farmer.

Bb911bcd 2446 4d8f 848f cdc2090e999a  leaf cake

here is a definition of ranch steak: http://www.recipetips.com...

I would make a marinade of soy sauce, minced fresh ginger, minced fresh garlic, a little sugar, some chopped scallions, and some sesame oil. Jooge everything in a big ziploc bag, add the steak, marinate overnight, and grill the next day.

549d9fb3 53ef 4170 b68e 8bae2e055be7  dsc 0048b

I recently posted a mojo criollo marinade that might work for this: