🔕 🔔

Any suggestions on how to marinate and cook "ranch steak"? Preferably using my All-Clad grill pan on the stove....

asked by WoooPigSooie over 7 years ago

SweetTea

Make a marinade of 5tbs pineapple juice, 2tsp crushed allspice berries and 2 medium onions sliced thinly. Marinate for 40 minutes or so (reserve the marinade if you want a sauce). Grill to desired doneness. Make a sauce to go with if you like by cooking the onions in some sunflower or other light oil, add the reserved marinade to the pan along with 2tbs sherry, a quarter-pint of hot beef stock and a really good dash of worcestershire sauce. Bring to the boil, reduce heat, simmer for a few minutes. Stir in any pan juices and serve. Creamy mash or cheesy pasta is nice with.

I have absolutely no idea what "ranch" steak means, unless it's Marie Callendar's or something. What cut of steak to begin with? Sirloin, flank, strip, trip tip??? The anwser to that question makes a big difference.

WoooPigSooie

I have no idea either! I think that "ranch" is the name of the cut. I received two pieces (1.5 lbs total) from a local organic farmer.

Bevi

here is a definition of ranch steak: http://www.recipetips.com...

I would make a marinade of soy sauce, minced fresh ginger, minced fresh garlic, a little sugar, some chopped scallions, and some sesame oil. Jooge everything in a big ziploc bag, add the steak, marinate overnight, and grill the next day.

healthierkitchen

I recently posted a mojo criollo marinade that might work for this: