🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Celli Ripieni (Grape jam dumplings)

Fd367a01 c2ec 4c0d 9082 b5934a58b3f4  celli ripieni half open

I have a question about the ingredient "caster sugar" on the recipe "Celli Ripieni (Grape jam dumplings)" from Emiko. What is it?

asked by AnnieHynes over 5 years ago

Thank you, thank you! I learn soooooo much on this site

9415f039 d6dc 487a 8dce 9ff4e97bf9ae  emiko davies new portrait

The name caster or castor sugar is used in the UK and Australia - it's simply a fine, white sugar (but not as fine as confectioners or icing sugar), most often called for in baking and desserts like meringues. I believe in the US it's called "superfine" sugar.