🔕 🔔

How to Cook with Tart & Seeded Concord Grapes - without making a jam?

Hi! I picked up a bunch of concord grapes at the farmer's market. They're beautiful - but a bit tart and with lots and lots of seeds. I'd like to use them, but I don't really use jelly and I'd prefer not to use a bunch of sugar to sweeten them. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer about 6 years ago

6f614b0c 899e 467f b032 d68711f70a39  2011 03 07 18 28 41 870

You could juice them in a steam juicer or pressure cooker...

Cbfb27ea 071f 4941 9183 30dce4007b50  merrill

You could cook them down with a little water and just a pinch or two of sugar, then strain out the skins and seeds and use the puree as a flavoring for soda water or cocktails -- it's a really nice way to mellow out the strong flavor of Concord grapes!

0dcfb05c 8a90 480f 8cf7 cbc33e9a6b5c  me

I have had them muddled with some cachaca and sugar and club soda as a twist on a caipirinha ...