🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: IRISH BUTTER SHORTBREADS

4bdfc354 6669 4817 ac03 49246e49d468  1425

I have a question about the recipe "IRISH BUTTER SHORTBREADS " from Rachel Gaffney.

asked by Rosemarie Montgomery-Hansted almost 6 years ago

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

Your question didn't show, if you let us know what the question is we can help you. I have made these before and they are wonderful.

45c0b35a 00f4 4a0c adea 8894fd88c7fc  fb avatar

What if you can't get Irish butter?

Ah yes I used plugra which has a higher fat content like the irish butter. You should use a butter that has a high fat content in this recipe. Can you find Plugra where you live?

Most butter has 11 g of butterfat but the European butters have less water or liquid and are very creamy. American butter like for example Land O Lakes has 11 g butterfat also but has more liquid so its not as concentrated as the European butters.

8f7c3cf2 ee11 4057 a3da 035008936e64  rachel and martha

Kerrygold Unsalted Irish Butter is widely available.... Trader Joes, Whole Foods, Wegmans, Central Market and many many more. I created this recipe for Irish Unsalted Butter. If you cannot find it then you can use a domestic or other butter. The reason I use KERRYGOLD IRISH UNSALTED BUTTER is for the flavor.....there simply is not a substitute for this..!