A question about a recipe: All I Want For Christmas Peanut Butter Cookies

3653a5e6 21ba 47b8 aa1b b4a859e089ca  100411 food52 4

I have a question about step 4 on the recipe "All I Want For Christmas Peanut Butter Cookies" from MrsWheelbarrow. It says:

"Sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Fold into butter mixture thoroughly, but gently."

asked by Nan almost 7 years ago

MrsWheelbarrow
MrsWheelbarrow

Cathy is a food preserving expert and author of Mrs. Wheelbarrow's Practical Pantry: Recipes and Techniques for Year-Round Preserving.

What is your question?

Nan
Nan

Sorry, When I folded in the flour into the butter mixture it was very crumbly, is this correct? Thank you

MrsWheelbarrow
MrsWheelbarrow

It's a sandy cookie, so the dough isn't wet, but do make sure the flour is completely incorporated.