tart crust/shell

Can I put my tart crust into a pie pan and use it? I was about to put it into my tart pan when I realized that my tart pan measures 11 inches!!! The difference in my usual pie crust is that this tart crust has an egg. Would there be any reason why I couldn;t just bake as a pie? I am making Lazy Mary's tart, BTW.

asked by Stephanie G almost 7 years ago

Are you concerned that your pan is too big? Or that you have to pre-bake your crust for the tart (which is fabulous, btw)? Not sure about your question.

Stephanie G

the tart crust I made was for a 8-10 inch tart. I am afraid my crust is to small and the tart will be too thin if I use the 11 inch pan.