Frozen glass pie plate

If my pie crusts are in a glass pie pan, how can I still manage to freeze the pie crust before blind baking in a 425 oven without cracking the pan?

• Posted by: Ariail
  • November 24, 2016

Micki Balder
Micki Balder November 24, 2016

Hi Ariail! Have you already frozen the pie crusts? I'll often pop mine in the freezer for just a little bit if they're getting warm/soft (and never long enough to risk cracking the pan when cooking). You shouldn't need to freeze them beyond that.

Micki Balder
Micki Balder November 24, 2016

In fact, if you have the time chilling them in the refrigerator is probably preferable.

Smaug November 24, 2016

I've done it before and got away with it, but I don't know I'd try it again: don't remember why I froze it, either, but there was some good reason. You could freeze it, and pop it out of the plate and put it on a cookie sheet or something (it will be pretty solid when frozen) while you warm up the pie pan, then put it back in right before baking.