🔕 🔔

What to do with "Sweet Lemons"?

They look like large, very round thin skinned lemons and the lady at the Persian market said they're called "Sweet Lemons" Is this the same as Meyer lemons or different? Any recipes to showcase the flavor?

asked by Jain Silver over 5 years ago

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

Sounds like meyer lemons and they are FABULOUS! There are lots of recipes using them on this site--and you can sub them for regular lemons--but here's a start: http://food52.com/recipes...

Just a guess but I don't think you have a Meyer lemon (they smell a bit like oranges.) but rather 'sweet lime.' Sounds more like what you get in Mexico when you ask for lemon, but is really lime.

Read this blog entry on Persian lemon:
http://mypersiankitchen...

Sorry I didn't answer about what to do with them cause I don't know. They do grow them here in L.A. but they don't seem to be used outside of the Persian communities that I've heard.

Yes! Looked at the blog and that's them! Tempted to juice them as suggested but seems so ephemeral...