🔕 🔔

Adding Lemon to Panna Cotta Recipe

I scored some Meyer lemons, and would like to add some to my favorite panna cotta recipe. Is the lemon/dairy combo a recipe for disaster? Any guidance for incorporating the lemon into my existing recipe.

asked by ez1019 9 months ago

tia

It's not a recipe for disaster! I use this recipe all the time: http://www.sfgate.com/food... (it's a meyer lemon/greek yogurt panna cotta) and it turns out beautifully every time. I bet you could use similar ratios in your current recipe.

F16adcb5 e667 4c56 8d37 2984714c46e9  open uri20131025 3491 1e6gbf8

That looks like a great recipe - I am guessing that the yogurt helps temper the lemon juice into the rest of the custard mix, but really most of the flavor is coming from the lemon zest - Meyer lemon zest is phenomenally flavorful - when I had an ice cream machine I made Meyer lemon sorbetto, and I barely needed much juice, the zest really added most of the flavor (and a splash of limoncello - for softness of course).

609271d6 306e 4b3e 8479 9d404fb84e73  moi 1

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

I often make panna cotta with grapefruit, here is the recipe, I think it would work well with Meyer lemons. http://www.threelittlehalves...