🔕 🔔

I'm cooking mussels shrimp clams and calamari is red sauce. In what order should I cook and how long each?

asked by luca25 almost 6 years ago

Cbfb27ea 071f 4941 9183 30dce4007b50  merrill

I would add the mussels, shrimp (if they're not too small) and clams together first and cook in the sauce just until the mussel and clam shells open and the shrimp turns pink -- then add the calamari and cook for just a couple of minutes. If the shrimp is small, you can add it with the calamari.

I agree with the first answer but I would use a laison or a cream start it off with Roma tomatoes diced, one shallot thinly sliced, 1/4 c of chorizo, an a, T of thyme cook shallots with some olive oil.
And chirzo along with your mussels and clams for two to three min then add about 3/4 to a cup of cream, also shrimp and calamari cook down on med heat for 5-6 min tossed with some cooked off fettuccine noodles and pull of the heat and mount with a cold diced 1/2 stick of butter. It's deliciouse!!!

516f887e 3787 460a bf21 d20ef4195109  bigpan

Yes, if you cook the calamari more than a couple minutes they will turn to rubber. Toss out any mussels or clams that don't open.